Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Kindness of Another Mother

"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."
~ Audrey Hepburn

During boarding on a very full flight, a young mother was struggling to get through the aisle with twins (and it may have been triplets, but I lost count).  An airline employee was helping her, but the woman was carrying a very heavy bag in addition to one of the babies.  A nicely dressed woman traveling with two older children (both lost on their digital devices, ear buds in place) got up, grabbed the mother's heavy bag and lugged it toward the back of the plane where the mother's seats were.  After we landed, I found myself walking through the airport terminal next to the woman and I told her how nice she had been to help the other mother.  She smiled and said, "I have triplets.  I remember how hard it was."

No comments:

Post a Comment