Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Kindness of Updates

"I appreciate anything thoughtful."
~ Hilary Rhoda

While I was on a recent business trip, one of my children was invited to celebrate a birthday with friends at a water park.  The park is more than an hour away from our home.  The mother who took the girls sent the mothers of the girls who went regular updates.  She wrote to let us know that they had arrived at the park and then a while later, she told us that she would not have her phone as she was going on some of the slides with the girls.  The mother then sent us a photo of the girls having a great time and let us know when they got in the car to head back.  I texted the mother to thank her for the updates and shared that I get nervous about their going so far, especially when I am out of town.  "I would worry, too," she replied, "That's why I send the updates."  I truly appreciated her thoughtfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment