Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Kindness of a Squeezed-In Appointment

"Kindness and good nature unite men more effectually and with greater strength than any agreements whatsoever, since thereby the engagements of men's hearts become stronger than the bond and obligation of words."
~ Thomas More

I love my hairdresser.  I imagine that he cuts my hair well enough, but I think it's his welcoming and gracious manner that I treasure most.  I am not the best salon client -- I don't color or get blow outs, and I get a haircut maybe a couple of times a year.  Every so often, I reach the point where I am convinced that I need a haircut and then I call him and want to get in as soon as possible.  When I called this time, it turns out that he was going out of town for a month!  The first time that he has ever done that.  But he agreed to stay for an evening appointment.  The receptionist said, "I have never seen him do that before."  Unfortunately, a combination of a red alarm light on my car and a torrential storm forced me to cancel the appointment.  Then on Saturday morning, the receptionist called and said that he could squeeze me in midday.  I was absolutely thrilled and grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment