Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Kindness of a Gift of Earrings

"Kind people are the best kind of people."
~ Author unknown

About a year ago during a family road trip, I found a pair of very inexpensive costume jewelry earrings with which I fell in love.  Small and round with white enamel and gold (faux, of course), they were my go-to comfortable earrings that I wore on a daily basis.  Which is what I did until I lost one.  I was disappointed and looked on line to see if I might find them.  I did find a pair that came close, but at more than 100 times what I paid for my roadside find, that set did not have the same appeal.  I shared a photo of my one remaining earring with two of my closest mom friends, so that they would be on the lookout for something similar.  They looked, I looked... but nothing.  And then on the way back from this summer's road trip, I found them again and bought the one and only pair at the store.  I dashed off a text with a photo to my two mom friends who had been in on my search.  A couple of days ago, one of the two moms gave me a pair of earrings that are just like the white ones but in turquoise.  Of course, I love them and am wearing them as I write.  And whenever I remember that I have them on, I smile at her thoughtfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment