Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Kindness of Awesome Car Service

"Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it.  It's what the customer gets out of it."
-- Peter Drucker

As odd as it may sound, I love where I take my car for service.  My service advisor is a great guy and the woman who runs the service department is amazing.  On a recent Friday evening, a red light appeared on my car's dashboard telling me to stop the car safely as there was an issue with the coolant level.  In a panic, I called the service department and asked for my reliable service advisor.  He was on vacation!  Next, I tried the service manager.  She answered immediately and after listening to what I said, she told me to put water where the coolant goes and bring the car in on Monday.  And, she said, "Don't worry about this, don't even speak about it this weekend.  It's not a big deal."  She knows her worriers.

On Monday, I went to the service department.  It seemed that it would take a little longer than she had immediately thought.  But, she said, she had a loaner lined up for me.  So, off I went, incredibly grateful for the terrific customer service that keeps me driving the same make. 

As we navigate our individual life journeys, we come across a number of people -- doctors, store employees, customer service representatives and others.  Some make our lives easier while others, well ...  The ones who truly help us are real stand outs!

No comments:

Post a Comment