Monday, August 24, 2015

The Kindness of Yes

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."
~ e. e. cummings

The other day, I asked my steadfast friend if she would be at the school our daughters attend at the time that my daughter would be dismissed from her orientation.  Although her daughter is in a different grade, their schedules that day would overlap.  Yes, my friend said, and so I asked her if she could pick up my daughter.  In a subsequent conversation that day, my friend mentioned that her daughter was with a friend.  "So, you only went to school to pick up my daughter?" I asked her.  "Well...," she began, and went on to tell me that she had wanted to pay for the yearbook, but the bottom line is that she only went to the school to pick up my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment