Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sweet Kindness, Take 2

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."
~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

The other day, my son and I visited a shop that sells macarons, those delicious French confections.  After we selected two each, the woman at the counter gave us a sample of the gelato that the shop also makes.  Smart cookie, she.  We loved it and my son ordered a scoop.  She told us that a macaron accompanies every scoop of ice cream, so she took one of my son's macarons out of the small cellophane bag in which she had  packed them and put it on his ice cream.  We finished and left.  As we were driving past the store, I noticed the woman standing outside holding something in her hand.  Looking more closely, I realized that she was waving the small cellophane bag with my son's second macaron inside.  I stopped the car, and she came to the passenger window to give us the treat we had left behind.  No doubt we will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment