Friday, June 3, 2016

Sweet Kindness*

"When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance."
~ Joel Osteen

My lovely friend called recently to share what happened when she tried to buy three mangoes for $5 from a street vendor.  When my friend gave the woman selling the fruit a $20 bill, the vendor asked her if she had anything smaller because she did not have change.  My friend did not have any smaller bills, so she told the woman that she would not be able to buy the mangoes.  The woman insisted that my friend take the mangoes and pay her another day.  My friend was shocked that the vendor would do such a kind thing.  "That woman gave me the mangoes on faith," she said.

*  I was going to title this post Kindness and Mangoes, but my son suggested Sweet Kindness, so Sweet Kindness it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment