Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Kindness of Remembering, Shopping and Shipping

"Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness."
Richard Bach

It always amazes me how some people manage to see through their good intentions.  I am especially in awe of the people who manage to remember, shop and ship.  These people remember birthdays and other occasions, decide on a gift, buy it and mail it.  Admittedly, the Internet has made shopping and shipping easier, but I still consider it an accomplishment.  In the past couple of months as my children celebrated various school and personal milestones, they received gifts that were personally shipped.  As much as the thoughtfulness is appreciated, I think that my children will not fully understand the kindness that is so generously bestowed on them until they are busy professionals, spouses and parents trying to deliver on their own good intentions.  For my part, I am grateful not only for the love of friends, but also for the example they are setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment