Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Kindness of Engaging Children

"Love and magic have a great deal in common.  They enrich the soul, delight the heart.  And they both take practice."
Nora Roberts

I have a childhood friend who has always had a kind of magic about her -- magic in that she makes you believe that anything is possible.  She is a great deal of fun and always has been.  She is also incredibly kind to my children and enjoys engaging them.  She lives out of town and does not see my children as often as we would all like, but it was amazing to see how excited my children were when she showed up at our front door during a recent visit.  She always bring presents for my children, but I don't think that is why they enjoy and adore her as much as they do.  She listens to them -- really listens.  She asks about friends and about school.  And then she regales them with stories of our childhood.  It is amazing to see how my children listen to her with rapt attention and wonder.  And I love her for it every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment