Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Kindness of Generosity and Trust

"The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love."
~ William Wordsworth

On a recent morning, I left my house at what I can describe as the crack of dawn without exaggeration.  It was to attend a 7 am meeting.  From that meeting, I had to hurry elsewhere.  I was told that there was validation for parking, but when I left the first meeting, I did not see it and decided I had to rush off.  As I exited the garage, I had $10 in my hand to pay for the parking.  I handed the parking attendant my parking ticket and the money, and said that I had not validated my ticket.  He asked me which meeting I had attended.  When I responded, he said not to worry about paying and would not take my money.  I thanked him as that little kindness really helped on a particularly hectic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment