Monday, October 26, 2015

A Little Parking Lot Kindness at Mickey D's

"Kindness is ever the begetter of kindness."
~ Sophocles

One of my mom friends, a Kindness Muse to be sure, texted me yesterday to share that she had been able to perform a small act of kindness -- thanks to her 9-year-old son.  They were in a very long line at the drive-thru at McDonald's.  As they were stopped, my friend was checking her phone when her son told her that a woman was trying to get out of a parking space but couldn't because of the cars in the drive-thru.  My friend backed her car up, so that the woman could pull her car out of the space.  As she was leaving, the woman motioned for my friend to lower her window and thanked her.  She told my friend that she was surprised that she had moved her car.  My friend replied that the thanks should go to her son.  What made my friend happy was that her son noticed that someone needed something and that the woman went out of her way to say thank you.  Sometimes, kindness comes in twos.

No comments:

Post a Comment