Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Kindness of No Drama

"Don't waste time on what's not important.  Don't get sucked into the drama.  Get on with it: don't dwell on the past.  Be a big person; be generous of spirit; be the person you'd admire."
~ Allegra Huston

"I teach people that no matter what the situation is, no matter how chaotic, no matter how much drama is around you, you can heal by your presence if you just stay within your center."
~ Deepak Chopra

My steadfast friend is even-keeled and logical.  Fiercely loyal, she is the type of friend you know you can always count on.  During a recent conversation, I realized that one of the best things about her is that there is no drama.  Never.  I have come to take that quality for granted.  But whenever I am faced with drama from other sources, I realize that there is so much kindness in no drama.  My steadfast friend never exaggerates, she never brings her stuff to the table, she never takes umbrage when things don't go precisely her way, and she manages to be objective in all kinds of situations where objectivity requires nothing less than tremendous generosity.  Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment