Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Kindness of Getting to Know Other Worlds

"I am not what you see.  I am what time and effort and interaction slowly unveil."
~ Richelle E. Goodrich

I have a friend from college whom I don't see often enough, mostly because we have not lived in the same city in decades.  But one of the things that endears him to me is that he knows me well enough to send me articles that truly interest me.  Sometimes, the articles are about things that relate to my work.  Other times, they are connected to my blog.  The most recent one was about photography and a city that is very dear to my heart.  As my steadfast friend says, each person is her own world.  But some people manage to step out of their worlds and get to know our worlds -- and that is pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment