Friday, October 9, 2015

The Kindness of the Village (Reprise)

"Mothers really were not built to raise babies not only by themselves, but with only a partner.  For millions of years, a woman had much more than just her husband to help rear her young...  This whole idea of 'it takes a village to raise a child' is exactly how we're supposed to live."
~ Helen Fisher

Ah, the intricate schedules that working moms leave behind when they travel... and the recruiting they do to cover their absences.  In addition to our babysitter and Grandma, I enlisted four moms to help out with after-school activities while I was gone for a few days recently.  I am blessed that not only do these moms agree to do the pick-ups and drop-offs, but they also feed my children and send me photos.  Our villages are a great blessing -- and indispensable.

No comments:

Post a Comment