Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Kindness of "Don't Worry"

"Gracious words are like honey, sweet to the soul and healthy for the body."
~ Proverbs 16:24

Trips have a way of complicating things.  It's not just the time we are away, but leaving and then reentry can sometimes be stressful.  When I have more travel on my schedule, it is more challenging to be on top of things, including emails and phone calls.  As I was preparing for another trip, I remembered that I had been exchanging emails with someone about getting together.  She had suggested a day, but I had not responded and the day had come and gone.  I sent her an email apologizing and received this very sweet reply:  "Dear friend, don't worry.  We have lots of time to get together."  On the eve of another business trip, her response was especially appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment