Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Kindness and a Pair of Shoes

“A woman carries her clothes. But the shoe carries the woman.”
 - Christian Louboutin

I have a friend with whom I went to college who is more like a sister than a friend.  We have known each other a very long time, we know each other’s families and histories…  Recently, I had to travel on business to the city where she lives.  She graciously picked me up at the airport and when I shared that I had a shoe dilemma – the shoes I was planning on wearing had broken and I had not had time to get them repaired – she immediately offered to lend me a pair of hers.  I told her that I could just buy a pair, but she said to just wear hers.  So she lent me a beautiful pair of shoes.  I had not borrowed shoes in ages – maybe since our college days when borrowing and sharing clothes and shoes was a common occurrence.  As I walked around in her shoes (literally), every time I looked down, I could not help but smile at one more reminder of her endless kindness and wonderful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment