Thursday, June 1, 2017

Kindness and the "Freebie" Driver

"I actually think that the most efficacious way of making a difference is to lead by example, and doing random acts of kindness is setting a very good example of how to behave in the world."
~ Misha Collins

I recently tried a free ride service in my community.  A souped-up golf cart picks up residents and takes them to their destinations.  When I got into the "Freebie," (yes, it's actually called that), there was an older woman already in the car; she was carrying a small dog.  I went to a nearby pharmacy and when I got back in the Freebie to go home, the older woman was there again.  When we went to drop her off at her home, she told the driver to wait 30 seconds and that she would be right back.  No, he said.  She insisted.  She went inside her house and came out with money for him.  It turns out that the driver had lent her $20 earlier in the day because she needed to buy something at the drugstore, but had not brought her purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment