Monday, June 26, 2017

Kindness, Birthdays and Best Friends

“The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.”
~ Brian Tracy

One of my children celebrated a birthday recently.  A couple of weeks before, my daughter had a weekend sleepover at her godmother’s vacation home with 10 of her good friends to celebrate.  On the morning of her birthday, my daughter’s best friend surprised my her with breakfast and then spent the day with us.  Friends are one of the greatest gifts that we can enjoy, and my daughter has been blessed in this regard.  And I have, too.  My best friends celebrate my children’s birthdays.  Whether it’s hosting their sleepovers or calling from Europe or joining us for pizza on a work night or shipping a gift to arrive right on time, they celebrate what is important to me.  And that is an incredible gift that I greatly treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment