Friday, June 16, 2017

Kindness, a Stranger and a Rescue

"People rescue each other.  They build shelters and community kitchens and ways to deal with lost children and eventually rebuild one way or another."
~ Rebecca Soinit

I recently met my mother at a bookstore.  She was on her way to a dinner, so she left before I did.  A few minutes later when I walked out to the parking lot, I saw my mother's car backing out of a parking space, but my mother standing outside the car.  There was a man in the car.  "Who is that man in your car?" I yelled from several cars away.  My mother smiled as the man got out and she got in.  She drove to where I was and explained that she was having trouble getting the car out of the space and the man offered to help.  "Someone always comes to rescue me," said the woman who has been rescuing others for decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment