Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Kindness of a Ride... and a Rule

"The most important thing is that you be a good person and you live by the golden rule of do unto others.  If you live by that, that's all I care about."
~ Rob Reiner

I recently joined a group of mothers and our daughters for lunch.  Someone gave me a ride there, and my daughter and I were going to Uber home.  But one of the mothers insisted on driving us home -- even though it would take her an extra 40 minutes or so.  I thanked her for the ride and she said that she was happy to do it because she could.  She said that when she was growing up, her mother and grandmother talked about doing unto others as you would like them to do to you.  And since their last name sounded a lot like "rule," that was their Golden Rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment