Thursday, June 8, 2017

Kindness and More Photos

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving.  What you have caught on film is captured forever...  It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything."
~ Aaron Siskind

I frequently mention taking and sharing of photos as a kindness and that is because I love photos.  And photos take on additional meaning when they are related to special moments because often, in the craziness of a special occasion, we miss moments that we at least will want to remember in photos.  (I actually did not remember that a dear friend was at my wedding until he proved it via photo.)

On the way to my son's graduation this week, we ran into a neighbor, a very nice octogenarian, who asked where we were off to so dressed up.  I told her and she insisted on taking photos of  my son and me with her phone.  I also asked her to take some with my phone as I didn't know whether we would receive hers.  The next day, I received not only her photos of my son and me (which turned out better than the ones on my phone), but also photos of my other children.  Unbeknownst to me, she had seen them just a few minutes later heading out to join us and she asked them to pose as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment