Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Kindness and a Bible

“Put your nose into the Bible everyday.  It is your spiritual food.  And then share it.  Make a vow not to be a lukewarm Christian.”
~ Kirk  Cameron

Years ago, I had an intern at work who was the son of a professional colleague.  A very nice young man, he was in high school when he began working with me and we stayed in touch after he went to college.  Sometimes, he would come by my office when he was on a college break.  On one of those visits, he gave me a small, worn blue Bible that he carried with him.  Over the course of several moves, I lost track of that Bible, which I had treasured.  I was delighted when my husband recently found it and gave it back to me.  It reminds me of that young man’s friendship as well as the faith that we share.

No comments:

Post a Comment