Sunday, July 2, 2017

Kindness and a Necklace Delivery

"Goodness is about character -- integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like.  More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people."
~ Dennis Prager

Several years ago, I gave a friend a very simple necklace -- a tiny silver cross on a thin gray silk thread.  My friend, who lives in another city, wore it all the time and really liked it.  Recently, she texted to say that somehow it had disappeared and she really wanted another one.  I first looked on the Internet to see if I could find it or something similar.  Then I texted a local friend from whom I had bought the necklace, although I knew that she had gotten them from someone outside the state.  As luck would have it, my friend shared that she had several left.  She was leaving the country for a couple of weeks the next day, but she offered to come by my house and drop it off for me.  As soon as I had the necklace, I texted my friend who had lost hers and included a photo of what I planned to send her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment