Saturday, July 15, 2017

Kindness and a To-Go Box

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
~ Aesop

At a restaurant recently, I asked the waiter if I could take home what was left of my dinner.  He brought me a box and a bag.  I wasn’t sure how I was going to get the creamy pasta dish – of which I had quite a lot left – into the container.    I contemplated sliding the pasta into the box.  It also occurred to me that I might ask for a spoon.  Without realizing it, I sat staring at my dish and the box, trying to figure out how to transfer the food without making a huge mess.  Another server came by and asked me if I wanted him to take care of it for me.  And off he went with my pasta dish and returned with it all packed up.  A small thing, but I was grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment