Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Kindness, Serendipity and Words of Wisdom

“A friend is what the heart needs all the time.”
~ Henry Van Dyke

One of my favorite people in the universe is the mother of one of my college roommates.  Now in her early 80s, this wonderful woman has always been a source of inspiration and support for me, especially during my college years when telephone conversations with her helped me navigate some of college’s inevitable challenges.  She lives in another state now and in the last few years, we have visited her a couple of times during road trips.  Recently, I was in another city for work and I happened to run into her at the airport.  It was a very special treat for both of us and we ended up having quite a conversation as we waited for luggage.  The magic of it stayed with us, and we exchanged texts marveling at the serendipity of it all.  In one of her recent texts, she reminded me that good friends are “one of life’s greatest gifts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment