Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Orange Soda and Kindness Remembered

“A random act of kindness, no matter how small, can make a tremendous impact on someone else’s life.”
~ Roy T. Bennett

I don’t generally drink soda, but every so often, I do indulge in my absolute favorite – orange soda.  Recently, after completing several errands, I decided it was time for the rare treat.  As I grabbed the plastic bottle from the drugstore refrigerated case, I remembered an orange soda that one of my dearest mom friends left for me several years ago.  One of my children had nearly fainted at a school Mass and was carried out by a teacher.  Worried and scared, I had rushed my daughter to the doctor’s office.  When we left the doctor a while later, I found my favorite orange soda waiting for me on the door of my car.  I was overwhelmed by my friend’s thoughtfulness and her gesture put a huge smile on my face after a rough couple of hours.  Some might think that it was a small thing, but the fact that I remember that kindness more than seven years later indicates otherwise.  I am constantly amazed by the lasting impact of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment