Monday, September 23, 2013

The Kindness in Planning

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
―Marcel Proust

I try to remember my friends' birthdays, but I am in awe of the friends who not only remember, but also manage to plan ahead.  A week and a half ago, I received an early birthday card from a friend who was on her way to Paris.  Today, several days in advance of my birthday, I received a birthday card from a friend across the country who is traveling to promote a new venture.  I also received a package from a very busy friend in Washington.  I have not opened today's card or what I know I can safely assume is a gift, but my friends' thoughtful kindness has already touched my heart.   

No comments:

Post a Comment