Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Kindness of Sharing Kodak Moments

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving.  What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything."
― Aaron Siskind

Earlier today, one of the Kindness Muses sent me a photo that she had taken of my children and her husband on the beach on the 4th of July.  Photographs have always been terrific gifts -- for family members, for friends...  But now with digital technology and the Internet, it is even easier to share this type of kindness.  It only takes a few clicks, but it brings immediate and lasting joy to the person who receives it.

Last year, a friend sent me a wonderful photo of one of my daughters underwater.  My friend had been walking by a pool that has windows along the sides, so that you can see inside the pool, when my daughter who was swimming approached the window. The photo, which was taken with my friend's phone, is one of my favorites.  I subsequently tried to take a similar photo, but even after many attempts, I was never able to take a picture that came close to the image my friend captured.

And then there are my special mom friends, who not only help me with school drop-offs and pick-ups, and shuttling my children between activities, but also send me photos of my children when they are with them.  I am thrilled to have those sneak peeks into my children's lives.

So frequently, kindness can be found in things that seem small, but that fill our hearts with joy and stay with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment