Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday Evening Kindnesses

"Everyone responds to kindness."
~ Richard Gere

Sunday evening can sometimes be a bit of a downer as we say goodbye to the weekend and begin to worry about what is waiting for us on Monday morning.  But a series of kindnesses brightened my Sunday. 

My lovely friend, whom we ran into at Mass, insisted on treating us and another family to dinner.  A while later at the supermarket as I made my must-buy-before-Monday purchases, there was only one cashier available.  Another cashier opened her register and motioned for me to go to her lane.  "I was going to do something else, but I want to make sure you get out of here," she said.  And then the cashier thanked my daughter as my daughter helped bag the groceries.  "You're helping me get out of here faster," she told my daughter, who beamed, of course.  Lastly, two teenage girls holding a pack of frozen cookie dough were standing in line behind a woman with a large purchase.  "Is that all you have?" the woman asked the girls.  Yes, they said, and the woman had the cashier ring it up with her groceries so the girls could leave.  They yelled a big "thank you" as they left the store.  Lots of kindness is a great thing and certainly perked up the end of my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment