Monday, September 28, 2015

The Kindness of a Generous Friend

"A friend is what the heart needs all the time."
~ Henry Van Dyke

I recently missed talking to one of my dearest friends on her birthday.  It's not easy for us to talk.  She is on the other side of the world, which means a time difference that puts her 14 hours ahead of our time zone.  That makes things harder than one would initially imagine.  On the weekend of her birthday, I spoke to her the day before, but when I wanted to call her on the day of her birthday, I realized that it would be the wee hours of the next day for her.  I sent her a text message that I was thinking about her instead.  We were talking about this recently and she said, "You know, the thing is that you and I think of each other every day and not just on birthdays."  She was right and she also made me feel a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment