Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Kindness of My Big Sister

"For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to life one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands."
~ Christina Rossetti

I don't have a big sister, but I have a friend who acts like my big sister and that works for me.  As the eldest of five, she has had good practice and I am only too happy to have her count me as another sister.

I was recently having trouble -- again -- with an unwanted and unwelcomed home repair project. This time, I needed to find a replacement item.  My "big sister" told me how to get the make and model number that I needed and then she researched purchase options for me on line.  She did all this while living in another country.  I really appreciated the help with the specific task, but more than anything, I appreciated the zeal with which she does things on my behalf.  It's love, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment