Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Kindness of Peace... and Friendship

"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I shall say it again: rejoice!  Your kindness should be known to all.  The Lord is near.  Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God.  Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 4:4-7

These verses from Philippians are among my favorites.  And I am reminded of them every day when I see a gift tag that I keep on my computer keyboard.  The tag says simply, "The greatest gift we give each other is peace of mind."  The tag is from one of my dearest mom friend (yep, the one who moved away).  She attached it to a gift she gave me and it is a reference to the peace that we each feel when the other steps in to help, usually with our children.  Peace of mind is a precious gift and when we can give it to each other, it is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment