Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Kindness of Reminders

"My wife, whenever I'd go off to work and I'd be kind of anxious, she'll say, 'Remember, have fun.'  Oh, I forgot, thanks for the reminder.  Because sometimes we do forget.  We take it all too seriously and there's a lot of joy to be had wherever you are."
~ Jeff Bridges

I love reminders.  I appreciate meeting reminders.  And I especially appreciate the friends who text, call or email to remind me about things that are important to me, but that in the hurry scurry of life, I might forget.  We are so inundated with information that sometimes our brains -- certainly mine -- can't possibly process it all. A dear mom friend texted me tonight to ask me if I wanted tickets to an event that she had asked me about a few days ago.  And I was very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment