Thursday, December 19, 2013

Kindness at Birthday Time

"A gift, with a kind countenance, is a double present."
― Thomas Fuller

I enjoy birthdays tremendously and I love all the wonderful things that my friends and family do to make the day special for me.  But I love even more what friends and family members do for my children's birthdays.

One of my children had a big birthday today and I was very touched by the efforts that people made --during the busiest time of the year -- to make sure that her birthday was not lost amid the Christmas rush.  My mother got her a special present and came to see her before she left for school.  Friends from out of town sent a gift early.  Her best friend arrived at school before my daughter to decorate her locker.  (Of course, she arrived early thanks to her mother, who is not a morning person.)  And her godmother drove quite a distance with her daughter who is in the middle of high school mid-terms to see her on the birthday.  An outpouring of love, attention and kindness.  Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment