Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Kindness of the Gift of Time

"Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness."
― Richard Bach

With a week left to go before Christmas, we are most definitely in the home stretch and the hustle-bustle is everywhere.  I don't know anyone who is feeling calm...  Most of the stress comes from not having enough time, from feeling that there is so much to do.

So what an amazing gift to receive time!  Today, as I ran around juggling work, the unplanned car repair, a mothers' breakfast, a classroom craft and "stuff to do," one of my wonderful Village People called to tell me that she would pick up my children and have them spend time with hers, so that I could get more done.  The gift of time -- what a lovely kindness during this last week before Christmas.  I may not be feeling calm, but I am most definitely feeling blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment