Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Kindness of A Special Treat

"Treat your friends as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light."
―Jennie Churchill

I have a friend who is the Queen of the Special Treat.  Somehow she knows how a special treat can brighten someone's day.  Just a little thoughtfulness that lets someone else know that you have been thinking about her and that she is important to you.  Last year, this friend introduced me to the wonderful world of all things pumpkin with a delicious chocolate chip pumpkin bread that she gave me.  This year, the pumpkin fest continued.  And then pumpkin season turned into Christmas.  Yesterday, my children tasted Candy Cane Oreos, which became an immediate hit -- no surprise.  However, I had trouble finding them, despite calls and visits to several stores.  Well, my friend managed to find a store that sells them, drove out of her way to get them and gave my family a pack of the coveted treats today. 

As Christmas comes faster than we are ready for, it's nice to remember the joy that the simple and lovely kindness of a special treat can bring.   

No comments:

Post a Comment