Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Kindness of Good Company

"The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best."
―Epictetus

Earlier this week in yoga class, the teacher talked about the benefits of good company.  After yoga, a wonderful friend picked me up (my car was in the shop) and we were off on a project adventure.  It didn't really matter where we were going.  I hopped in the car knowing that it would be enjoyable.  It reminded me of times with a particular childhood friend.  For as long as I can remember (which is longer than she would like me to remember), whenever I get in her car, it is off to an adventure.  And that is the most special thing about being in good company -- the mutual kindness that makes being in good company an uplifting place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment