Monday, December 23, 2013

Kindness Despite the Frenzy of the Season

"Gentleness towards self and others makes life a little lighter."
―Deborah Day

Although the world seemed to be in quite a frenzy today, there were a few moments of thoughtfulness and generosity when I felt kindness shine through the madness.  There was the man who let me into his lane when no one else would.  There was the manicurist who did not give me a hard time when I was a few minutes late on a very busy day.  And there was the good friend who welcomed me into her home, so that I could purchase a couple of bracelets from her even though it was dinner time and her family was sitting at the table.  When I was done selecting the gifts I needed, she told me to pick one for me as her present and then gave me a big hug that was just what I needed at the end of a crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment