Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Small Kindnesses Add to the Landscape of Our Lives

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
― Aesop

Some days don't have big splashy kindnesses, but there are plenty of small kindnesses that dot the landscape of our lives.  Here are a few that I encountered over the last couple of days:

§  As I was pulling into a parallel parking space, the woman parked in the car in front of me pulled up to the parking space in front of her, which was empty, so that it would be easier for me to park.

§  I needed to pick up some photos from my child's former school, but one of the teachers dropped them off at my house.

§  A friend who works at one of my children's schools sent me several photos that came across her computer screen with my children in them.

§  A work colleague e-mailed me to check in on how I was doing.

The more I look for kindness, the more it seems to appear.  I am grateful for all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment