Monday, August 4, 2014

The Kindness of Giving Directions

"Be a blessing to someone else."
~ Joyce Meyer

Although some of us have more difficulty than others asking for directions, we are all generally met with kindness, or at least courtesy, when we do ask.

But, without asking, I recently received a schedule of meetings with an added bonus from a colleague -- directions!  My meetings were scheduled in a multiple-story building with mazes of cubicles on each floor.  So next to the location of my meetings, this very kind colleague added directions.

"This will save you asking 'Where is this room?' every time you change locations," she wrote.  My bonus schedule included notations like "corner room by green wall past Susan's cube" and other similarly explicit directions.

In addition to making my life easier, my colleague's kindness also lets me know that she cares about me.  She thought of something that would help me and then took the time to do it.  Having colleagues like that is certainly a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment