Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Kindness of a Ride, Take 2

"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance."
―Dieter F. Uchtdorf

This academic year has brought changes for many of my mom friends -- their children beginning new schools.  One of my friends called me last week and we talked about how things were going.  For her, the new schools have meant transportation issues as both of her children are now attending different schools much farther from where we live.  With gratitude, she shared the kindness of the father of another friend.  He takes his sons every morning to the school where my friend's son goes and he offered to take hers as well.  My friend is incredibly grateful for his kindness.  Knowing the father in question, I am not surprised.  His life is all about service.

No comments:

Post a Comment