Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Kindness of a Colleague's Warm Greeting

"All the statistics in the world cannot measure the warmth of a smile."
~ Chris Hart

Earlier this week, I attended a large business meeting. I was only attending a portion of it, so when I walked in, it was already in progress. I found the first empty seat and sat down. I looked around, but did not immediately see anyone I knew.

A few minutes later, a colleague I knew came over and greeted me very warmly. "I'm so glad you're here," he said with a big smile.

After my colleague went back to his seat, I realized that I was still smiling.  And it occurred to me that no matter how many times I have walked into rooms where I don't know people and how comfortable I am doing it, I very much appreciated the kindness of his warm greeting. It made me feel very welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment