Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Kindness Superhero

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."
~ Batman

Superman may be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but I just saw a teenage boy jump over a bush in his quest to be kind.  I have written about this young man before.  The son of my lovely friend, he is 14 and has impeccable manners.  These manners include opening and closing car doors for me and for everyone else.  On a recent outing with my children, I told him that he could not possibly open and close all four doors of my car.  My comment seemed to strengthen his resolve to do just that.  As we returned to my car after dinner, I saw that a car had parked close to my car on the driver's side, so I told this young man that he would not be able to open and close my door as I could not imagine how the logistics would work.  Next thing I knew -- and probably faster than a speeding bullet, this young man jumped over a bush and ran around my car to the driver's door.  And yes, he managed to open and close my car door.  In the process, he also had me doubled over laughing -- and that was another kindness I appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment