Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Kindness through the Eyes of a Child

"One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.  The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child."
~ Carl Jung

As the end of the school year rolled around for my third grader, we bought small gifts for his three teachers and I asked him to write them notes thanking them for a great year.  This was his first year at a new school and it had gone incredibly well.  It was interesting to see what he treasured.

For each teacher, he wrote, "Thank you for a great year."  He followed that with:

Teacher 1:  "You were always there for me.  You made me feel positive."

Teacher 2:  "You gave me delicious mangos.  You make me laugh."

Teacher 3:  "You always greeted me with a warm smile."

Their kindnesses made for a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment