Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Kindness of Being Happy

"It is much easier to talk to happy people."
~ a Disney World server

I should have asked him his name -- this restaurant server who shared his wisdom. Nonetheless, I have no doubt that I will quote him frequently.  There have been articles and books written in the last few years about happiness and most of them focus on the factors that contribute to happiness, how to be happy...  But I don't think that I have seen much on the kindness of being happy.  Just as it is definitely easier to talk to happy people, it is easier to be with happy people, it is easier to work and deal with happy people, and ultimately it makes for a much more pleasant life if you marry a happy person.  So, go ahead and make someone else's day.  Be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment