Monday, June 8, 2015

The Kindness in a Purse... or Two

"Kindness in words creates confidence.  Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.  Kindness in giving creates love."
~ Lao Tzu

A couple of weekends ago, a good friend texted me that she was cleaning out her closet and had come across a handbag she thought I might like.  She texted me a photo of the bag and I told her that I would like it, but only if she was sure she did not want it.  She replied that she'd had it for years and never taken it out of its dust cover.  "I would love to think it might be appreciated," she added.  A couple of days later, my friend brought the handbag -- as well as a second bag -- to my house.  It is always fun to get an unexpected gift, but the best part is knowing that someone is thinking about you and what you might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment