Sunday, June 21, 2015

Remembering the Kindness of a Father

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
~ Jim Valvano

My father has been gone nearly 15 years now.  Sadly, he never met my children.  I can only imagine how much he would have enjoyed them.  But what I don't have to imagine are the things he used to say to me and the interest he would show in whatever we were discussing.  One of the things that I can still hear him saying is, "You can do it -- of course, you can."  He used this phrase for all kinds of things from small things to big challenges.  And because he said it with such certainty and despite my insecurities, I believed that it might be true.

Remembering him and the other now-gone men in our family with great love and appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment