Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Kindness of Remembering Others

"The greatest gift in life is to be remembered."
~ Ken Venturi

I woke up this morning to a text with a photo from one of my dearest friends.  In New York for the weekend, he saw a store that reminded him of me and sent me the photo.  The text immediately put a smile on my face and it was nice to know that he not only was thinking of me, but also took the time to let me know.  His thoughtful text inspired me to text another friend of mine -- a friend who is moving out of the country soon and whom I will miss even more than I can imagine.  She spent the day with movers at her house.  I wished that I could help her, but absent that, I sent her a text just to let her know I was thinking about her.  She replied and let me know how much she appreciated it.

Kindness makes us happy, it inspires us and we never know how many more kindnesses we set in motion by our own kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment